LC Marking – PCLM Explained
|Engagement with the task.
||Clarity of Purpose
- 30% of the marks are available for work that is relevant, focused and original.
- Answer shows a clear understanding of the genre (for example, not writing a newspaper article as a public debate or a short story as a personal essay).
||Sustaining your response throughout your answer.
||Coherence of Delivery
- 30% of the marks are available for your ability to sustain the response over the entire answer.
- Continuity of argument, sequencing, management of ideas, choice of reference, use of examples, engagement with texts, control of register and shape, creative modeling.
||Appropriate to the task (vocabulary, style, punctuation).
||Efficiency of Language Use
- 30% of the marks are available for your use of language to achieve clear communication.
- Vocabulary: good word choice and phrasing.
- Syntax: writing proper sentences.
- Sentence patterns: varying length.
- Paragraph structure.
- Punctuation appropriate to the register.
- Effective overall style: using an appropriate, lively and original approach to the task.
||Spelling and grammar.
||Accuracy of Mechanics
- 10% of the marks are available for your spelling and grammar.
Posted on 22/01/2014, in Leaving Cert and tagged correcting, exams, marking, pclm. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.